This week in the first of a two-part podcast, Bob and Pat talk with Ash Maurya about both the Lean Startup theory and the gritty details of how and why you should do market research before you start cranking out code. If you’ve never done market research for your startup, you are going to want to take notes – this is what you need to hear, and do. Ash is both a leading light in the Lean Startup movement and is the founder of BoxCloud.com, CloudFire.com and CloudStack.com.
Apologies for not having a show the past two weeks: work demands and family issues for both Bob and Pat got in the way. Now that things are somewhat back to normal, we will be taking steps to make sure there’s a new Startup Success Podcast every Monday afternoon (PT).
And a quick word about our sponsor, InfluAds. If your startup’s market is other startups, web developers and designers why not reach out to them through with a small, tasteful ad at sites they already read? That’s how InfulAds works. Act now, mention “SSP” and save 20% on you first ad buy. InfluAds.com – ads for startups by a Startup.
URLs mentioned/relevant to this show:
- BoxCloud.com, CloudFire.com and CloudStack.com
- Ash Maurya’s Blog, Practice Trumps Theory: Lean Startup + Customer Development + Bootstrap.
- Running Lean – the Workshops.
- Running Lean – the Book.
- Lean Canvas – A dashboarding tool for defining and validating your business model hypotheses.
- Follow Ash Maurya on Twitter.